We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
As a Tech Lead, you will lead the Governance engineering team in the Core Banking domain and be accountable for its delivery.
The Governance Team in the Core Banking Tribe owns the processes that control and enforce the consistent state of the whole Upvest platform. Such processes are represented by the domains like:
* Bookkeeping - tracking the cash movements between different bank accounts
* Reconciliation - monitoring and control of the consistency between the external world and its representation on the Upvest's side
* Position - tracking the Securities and Cash balances of the users of the Platform
This role will report to the Head of Engineering, Core Banking Vadym Chekrii.
With a supportive and coaching attitude, you will enable and empower the team to deliver what is needed. You will set standards for your team to ensure delivery of decoupled, event-driven, robust, secure, resilient, and observable systems.
- Taking ownership of our Consistency team in the Core Banking domain
- Setting team objectives together with your Lead
- Collaborating with leads and peers in aligning on architecture, design and plans and agreeing on best practices and ways of working
- Helping us define what a modern Cloud native investment bank’s Developer Experience should be
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on developer experience at Senior level
- Industry experience
- Good architectural vision and distributed systems design experience - ability to see the big picture and create the right level of abstractions
- Experience with event-driven distributed systems
- Knowledge of Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Strong people and communication skills
- Planning and prioritisation skills - focus on what matters
- Stakeholder management skills - ability to discuss difficult technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to take ownership and own the outcome
- High level of pragmatism
It's nice if you have:
- Team leading experience
- Experience working in the FinTech domain
- Knowledge of modern tech stacks (Go, Docker, K8S, LinkerD, Postgres, Kafka, Redis), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability. Modern web frontend technologies, micro frontends
How we Upvest in you?
- Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
- Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
- Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
- Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation. For lead roles, it would be beneficial to be able to travel to head office regularly for any important workshops and meetings.
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.