Are you a Fintech enthusiast? Are you excited about the idea of contributing to the development of our infrastructure and architectural decisions? Are you interested in working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
The platform team’s objectives include creating a robust, secure, resilient, and observable infrastructure for our Product Engineering teams to build products on as well as provide all the needed tooling for them to be productive on the Platform.
As our next Platform Engineer, you will join our Platform team (together with Paul, Martins, Eutychus, Jeff, Temo & Sergei). You will play an important role in engineering our infrastructure by making it as automated and scalable as possible while maintaining a high degree of security.
Our principles include infrastructure-as-code, security first, zero trust, and least privilege principles. Platform team’s job is to enable and empower Product teams to deliver Products on the Platform in a more productive way. The platform team does this by mapping out Product teams’ requirements, formulating a roadmap and plans on what kind of tooling and automation needs to be in place and executing on those plans.
Responsibilities we'll trust you with
- Contributing to the development of our infrastructure and architectural decisions
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Partnering with the product engineering teams to improve services
- Driving DevOps mindset and collaboration within Engineering Department
- Contribute to the platform development in Go with a focus on scalability and stability
- Proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of the system (and keep improving our monitoring & observability)
- Establishing communication and documentation best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment, and incident management)
- Providing operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Gathering and analyzing system metrics to assist in improving performance and finding faults
What you'll bring:
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Vault and Terraform
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Deep knowledge of modern monitoring and observability
- Knowledge of operating Kafka in high availability environments
- High level of pragmatism
It's nice if you have:
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Go, Docker, K8S, Postgres, Kafka), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability
- Experience working in the fintech domain
How we Upvest in you?
- Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
- Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
- Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
- Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.