We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow)
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
Join as a member of our Product team, and work alongside Til Rochow (CPO), Mislav Ilich (Product Lead), and Thomas Etheber (Head of Investor & Marketplace Solutions) in building our greenfield Investment API. You'll have a chance to build a fintech API-first product, help to empower an engineering squad to reach its full potential, and you'll have the opportunity to shape the strategy & roadmap for Upvest’s current and future products. You will own our reporting and data products, thus shape our product success and improve investing for millions of end-users through this lens.
Data & Reporting team's mission
Data & Reporting teams are a crucial part of the platform. They provide all the data that other parts of the platform need to operate, for example, the list of instruments available at various exchanges, their current and historic prices, as well as corporate actions. Further, they also take care of all the regulatory reporting that we are obliged to do as an investment bank. This does not only include generating transaction statements for our client’s end-users, it also includes tax accounting and reporting to authorities.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Act as a Senior Product Manager for a dedicated Data & Reporting Product Engineering team
- Define product vision, product strategy and roadmaps for our data and reporting products based on clear understanding of customers, competitive environment and market trends
- Build deep expertise for requirements and future needs of Upvest’s customers and product personas with a customer-first, data-driven approach
- Execute on our vision by establishing relevant OKRs and KPIs to align product outcomes with Upvest’s business objectives and thereby make Product success actionable and measurable
- Collaborate effectively with Upvest’s internal and external stakeholders. Form strong relationships with our engineering, growth, compliance and legal teams. Build lasting partnerships with key vendors and customers
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors and external project managers. Facilitate the integration of respective data and business processes
- Work closely with your dedicated engineering team to define the overall functional scope, internal data models and associated business logic
- Take ownership of all capital market data needs for our custody bank (e.g., setup of a clean instrument reference data storage or integration of ESG data providers)
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration/Finance, Software Engineering or similar practical experience
- 3+ years Experience as a product manager within the financial service industry
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Profound knowledge about investments, capital markets, and the European FinTech sector is a plus
- Experience with typical product manager’s toolkits - such as product discovery, ticketing and documentation software (e.g., JIRA, Linear, Confluence, Slite, Miro, etc.)
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression > Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team > Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome > Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency > Complexity.