You are passionate about investment and democratization of wealth and want to shape the Banking core of the trading infrastructure of tomorrow? Then you are the one we are looking for as our Banking intern at Upvest.
At Upvest, you will have the opportunity to learn how to build a security trading bank from scratch and how to fulfill all the demanding regulatory requirements related to a banking license. You will be involved in essential tasks within the Banking department which will be focusing on setting the standards given by regulation throughout the banking divisions.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Support core banking divisions such as operations, risk management and compliance
- Collect and track data related to KPI measures to define a modern performance tracking approach and further enhance our internal control system
- Assist on the implementation of Banking processes and update documentations also assess these based on regulatory requirements such as MaRisk, MaComp and BAIT
- Work closely with Compliance manager to create relevant reports and guide operations through compliance requirements for user onboarding and other user related processes
- Collaborate on risk analysis for outsourcing providers and on audit relevant topics incl. documentation
- Design our bi-weekly OKR in an informative and funny way
- Experience how a banking API-first product gets built
- Join a fast-paced and dynamic product-first startup environment
You're excited about fintech and passionate about investment
- You are curious about how a technology driven security trading bank is built
- You have a data driven mindset and demonstrate strong analytical skills in conducting in-depth and accurate analysis
- You enjoy working autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic and inclusive startup environment
- You are proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
What we offer:
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
The initial duration of this contract can be between 3 - 6 months with the potential to convert to a full-time role within the Banking team.
We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 25 different countries.
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression > Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients > Sales. We take breaks when needed.
Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome > Process. We share knowledge to empower others.