Upvest is on a mission to make investing as easy as spending money. We provide a seamless Investment API that can be plugged into any app by any business to offer any investment products to end-users (B2B2C model).
Today’s investment world is siloed. Only a few in the EEA + UK invest and build wealth for their retirement. We will change that. We aim to provide equal chances to everyone with easy access to investing. Through our clients, we can empower hundreds of millions to take their wealth into their own hands.
Our northstar is the number of end-users, we generate revenue through AUM and the BPS we can earn on it, and we increase BPS by growing up the value chain with our customers. Hence our focus is on high-growth clients and innovating with them. A generation shift is at work towards millennials and generation Z - and they think digital-only. We estimate that by 2030 about 50% of the wealth will be distributed by fintech companies. Fintechs need fast, flexible, and adaptable infrastructure to serve their end-users. Infrastructure that the incumbents can not offer. We provide the world’s leading ‘open investment stack’.
At Upvest we take pride in our engineering approach: Leveraging the brainpower of the best people and the latest technology to create solutions that delight our clients and their users. We make it easy for our customers: Today, offering investments in-app takes years and millions to launch. With Upvest, it takes weeks at no setup costs to offer any ETF/stock/crypto across Europe.
Based on the strategy the Growth team at Upvest is maintaining selection criteria for suitable customer segments and developing the pipeline of customer prospects. The Product Team will coordinate the creation and implementation of solutions with the Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Legal, and Risk departments.
Successful onboarding is clearly determined, structured, and rapid - and must be scalable to get as many new customers as possible on our platform. The professional support and further development of existing customers will become another important building block.
Operations will cover the client lifecycle from onboarding, growing to offboarding, and on a daily basis along with the “life of a trade”, from order management and execution to clearing, settlement, custody, and corporate actions. Operational excellence that delight our clients will be imperative for Upvest´s success - flawless execution of daily business, fast and flexible adaptation of new opportunities, high automation, top service & support will require agile teams and operations professionals with a process and engineering mindset.
Becoming a high-performing team is key to success. As Operations Strategy Lead you will work closely with Markus as COO and the Operations Leads to drive strategy and execution through OKRs, deliver on data & business intelligence tasks, and manage projects. You will be very much engaged within the Operations team and also cross-functional with the strategy leads at other departments - you are a smooth operator who can bridge silos and connect the brightest people.
What would great look like?
We want to become the industry benchmark for operational excellence, as part of the team you will be running with the key tasks below:
- Create transparency and measurement through management of OKRs, KPIs and data analytics that measure what matters
- Drive cross-team collaboration and education, i.e. through Operations cookies
- Adopt and insert modern digital best practices into the Operations team
- Project manage new initiatives such as Product/Operations tooling, BI or reporting
- Support hiring, onboarding, and providing personal development support for the Operations team
What skills are needed:
- An analytical mindset that starts with the why
- Structured approach, and then rolls up the sleeves to solve the challenge
- Proven "finisher" mentality with strong project management skills.
- Strong desire to build deep expertise and know-how for the Financial Markets and investment infrastructure
- Key ability to crunch numbers to enhance operational excellence, service quality, cost & pricing, and business process modelling
- Love to engage with different people and personalities across the organisation
- "Influencer", sparring partner, convincing in argumentation and communication.