We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow)
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
How you will contribute
Guiding our crypto strategy
With strong roots in the blockchain space, Upvest will be the first tech company in Europe that offers traditional securities and crypto infrastructure - through an integrated API with all regulatory licenses. This enables exciting new use cases: Crypto micro-investments, portfolios of ETFs, stocks and crypto.
For our crypto launch we need to balance building an extensible product that delivers clear value for our clients and users with early validation, an excitingly simple setup and fast time-to-market.
Leading our product discovery you will shape the what and how we do this. The strategy you set together with the team will enable us to execute on our go-to-market with a clear view towards the crypto use cases of the future.
Making our crypto ambition a reality in 2022 and beyond
Building on strong demand of current and future clients we will launch our crypto product in 2022. For this we need to find the right setup and execute on software development.
You will be the key player in defining product requirements for our go-to-market and selecting the most suitable partners. On all things crypto you will be the face to our clients collaborating on features and solutions that delight them.
You will work with other departments such as Legal and Ops to define simple yet effective processes. Together with an experienced tech lead and a dedicated team of engineers you will enable successful delivery.
Building the crypto tribe at Upvest
We are committed to providing all necessary resources to our crypto ambition. But it is still early days in terms of setting up the team.
Together with our crypto tech lead and senior leadership as your sparring partner, you will define the team setup having the ability to fully shape your own destiny from day 1. You will onboard new team members with a keen eye on your own and their development.
- You have a clear understanding of the crypto landscape, from the perspective of enabling great retail investment products
- You communicate clearly and openly with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have taken a crypto based product from concept to initial release in the past
- You have experience with the typical product manager’s toolkit - such as product discovery, and agile delivery
- You have used tools such as JIRA, Linear, Confluence, Slite, Miro, etc.
- You have a continuous and dedicated focus on the client
- You are familiar and well versed in API best practises and design
It’s great if you
- Have experience with coding or are coming from a developer background
- Have experience with banking products and platforms
- Have experience with SaaS products
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression > Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team > Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome > Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency > Complexity.