Are you a Fintech enthusiast with hands-on developer background at the Senior level? Are you excited about the possibility of leading a team? Are you interested in working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
The Cryptocurrencies team works closely with the rest of our Core Banking teams in integrating cryptocurrencies as a new asset class into our Investment API. This will include working closely with all other parts of the Engineering department and integration work with partners and external APIs.
As a Tech Lead, you will lead the Cryptocurrencies team in the Core Banking Tribe and be accountable for its delivery. You will work closely with your direct lead, your engineers, and your product counterparts in planning the priorities and focus of work for the team.
You will report to the Head of Engineering, Core Banking.
With a supportive and coaching attitude, you will enable and empower your team to deliver what we need. You will set standards to ensure the delivery of decoupled, event-driven, robust, secure, resilient, and observable systems in your team.
Responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- Taking ownership of Cryptocurrencies domain delivery
- Setting team objectives together with your Tribe Lead (Head of Engineering)
- Collaborating with leads and peers in aligning on architecture, design, and plans and agreeing on best practices and ways of working
- Helping us define what a modern Cloud native investment bank’s Developer Experience should be
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on developer experience at the Senior level
- Extensive industry experience
- Good architectural vision and distributed systems design experience - ability to see the big picture and create the right level of abstractions
- Prior experience with event-driven distributed systems
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Good people and communication skills
- Planning and prioritization skills - focus on what matters
- Stakeholder management skills - ability to discuss difficult technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- Taking ownership and owning the outcome
- High level of pragmatism
It's nice if you have:
- Team leading experience
- Experience working in the FinTech domain
- Knowledge of our modern tech stack (Go, Docker, K8S, LinkerD, Postgres, Kafka, Redis), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability. Modern web frontend technologies, micro frontends
How do we Upvest in you?
- Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
- Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
- Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
- Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with a team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation. For lead roles, it would be beneficial to be able to travel to head office regularly for any important workshops and meetings.
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! The team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.