Are you a Fintech enthusiast with hands-on developer background at Senior level? Are you excited about the possibility of leading a team? Are you interested in working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
The Reporting team in the Data & Reporting tribe is responsible for the compilation and processing of a broad set of reports for the overall Upvest platform. The team responsibilities include user and regulatory facing reporting as well as reporting API endpoints.
As a Tech Lead, you will lead the Reporting team in the Data & Reporting Tribe and be accountable for its delivery. You will work closely with your direct lead, your engineers and your product counterparts in planning the priorities and focus of work for the team.
You will report to the Head of Engineering, Data & Reporting Jarkko Heinonen.
With a supportive and coaching attitude, you will enable and empower your team to deliver what we need. You will set standards to ensure delivery of decoupled, event-driven, robust, secure, resilient, and observable systems in your team.
Responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Taking ownership of Reporting domain delivery.
Setting team objectives together with your Tribe Lead (Head of Engineering)
Collaborating with leads and peers in aligning on architecture, design and plans and agreeing on best practises and ways of working
Helping us define what a modern Cloud native investment bank’s Developer Experience should be
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on developer experience at Senior level
- Extensive industry experience
- Good architectural vision and distributed systems design experience - ability to see the big picture and create the right level of abstractions
- Prior experience with event-driven distributed systems
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Good people and communication skills
- Planning and prioritisation skills - focus on what matters
- Stakeholder management skills - ability to discuss difficult technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- Taking ownership and owning the outcome
- High level of pragmatism
It's nice if you have:
- Team leading experience
- Experience working in the FinTech domain
- Knowledge of our modern tech stack (Go, Docker, K8S, LinkerD, Postgres, Kafka, Redis), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability. Modern web frontend technologies, micro frontends
How we Upvest in you?
- Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
- Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
- Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
- Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation. For lead roles, it would be beneficial to be able to travel to head office regularly for any important workshops and meetings.
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.