We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
In your role as our future Payments Processing Specialist / Expert, you will support our team in all activities related to the processing of payments - clearing & settlement/cash & liquidity management, FX, treasury, accounting. You will work very closely with the brokerage, securities settlement, and custody departments.
- Payments Processing
- Monitoring and processing of SEPA Direct Debits and management of mandates
- Monitoring and processing of incoming and outgoing credit transfers
- Management and processing of rejects and refunds
- Processing of enquiries from clients and counterparties
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Calculation and reconciliation of cash forecasts
- Processing of transfers and settlement payments at the correspondent banks
- Interaction with correspondent banks
- Reconciliation of internal and external accounts
- Project Work
- Project work in the conception and set-up of payment transactions in connection with securities settlement
- Completed banking apprenticeship or comparable qualification with several years of professional experience in the banking sector
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of payments and/or cash & liquidity management
- Desirable: Knowledge of treasury, brokerage, securities settlement, custody, corporate actions
- Understanding of the mechanics of Central Bank Clearing, SEPA, Target2, SWIFT
- Knowledge of the ISO20022 standard, desirable: FIX
- Responsible, reliable, independent, and structured way of working
- Desire for continuous development
- Very good written and spoken German and English
What we offer:
- We're working on solving a hard problem: building the first European investment API that empowers more people to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget, and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping to achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way), and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team: from regular donut coffee meetings, learning German with other Upvengers, and a regular schedule for (virtual) company-wide events. We're looking forward to having more time in person again once this becomes possible again.
- Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
- Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients over Sales. We take breaks when needed.
- Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome over Process. We share knowledge to empower others.