We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
You will join a small Solutions Engineering team at Upvest. As the main engineering contact for our clients, we help them integrate with our API. We work closely with Upvest’s Engineering, Product, Operations, and Growth teams.
As our team is fairly new, you will be able to shape your role as well as our team. We are looking for a software developer who is happy to pair with our client's engineering teams for a smooth integration experience, and who can support the Upvest Growth team in demonstrating our product to future clients. A successful candidate will have hands-on experience in some major programming languages, such as Java, C# or Go and will work with our Go codebase.
You will be working on a greenfield project with cutting-edge technologies and no legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help build an API-first, cloud-native investment bank platform
- Gain valuable experience in a high-security, high-stakes, and high-growth FinTech environment
- Interact with engineering teams from major FinTech companies
- Hands-on experience with API-first approach and with API tools like Postman, Insomnia, Stoplight Studio, or similar
- Great communication skills for interacting with a variety of colleagues and external partners
- Hands-on developer experience at the Senior level, industry experience for 5+ years
- Good analytical skills and the ability to grasp a complex distributed system and its overall functionality, ability to see the big picture
- Planning and prioritization skills focus on what matters
- Stakeholder management skills, ability to discuss difficult technical topics with non-technical stakeholders
- Prior experience with event-driven distributed systems
- Prior experience with cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- An understanding of security best practices
- Taking ownership and owning the outcome
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the FinTech domain
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Go, Docker, K8S, LinkerD, Postgres, Kafka), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability
- We are working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, a development budget, and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we are not fully remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you do not have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way), and openness (there is a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We are looking forward to having more time in person again once this becomes possible again.
- Everyone is an owner. Every employee becomes a part-owner via our options program. We want to ensure that if the company does well, everyone who has been a part of making it happen will also enjoy the success.
- Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
- Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients over Sales. We take breaks when needed.
- Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome over Process. We share knowledge to empower others.