We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
- Drive strategic initiatives, crisply framing a problem space, potential paths and tradeoffs, enabling Upvest to move quickly
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning strategic projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Define and deliver financial analysis to support the management team as well as help in the definition and tracking of OKRs
- Work with teams across the company to influence their direction
- The role requires a keen sense of ownership, initiative, and a track record of executing in the face of ambiguity and shifting priorities.
You'll have the opportunity to
- Work closely with our CEO/founder and Chief of Staff and seasoned industry experts with a rich network
- Gain exposure to different parts of the business, no topics are of limit
- Identify strategic challenges through analysis of business practise and goals
- Build and deliver key financial analysis to support the management team, including the definition and tracking of OKR’s
- Enable cohesion with functional teams
- Create and present key analysis reports
- Ensure fulfillment of strategic goals
- Analytical approach- with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in management - focused on delivering excellent service
- Organised and structured - on top of objectives
- Curiosity - challenges the status quo
- Bigger picture approach - sees how their work connects to business goals
- Team player - connects their work with the wider-team and company success
- Stakeholder Management - effectively engaging senior stakeholders, e.g., providing deliverables directly to C-suite
- Consulting background - 1-2 years work experience in top-tier consulting or business development department within a start-up
- Fluent in German and English, any other language skills are a bonus
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A solid understanding of accounting and finance, and reporting
- Experience in the investment or fintech space
- Emphasis in Finance during your studies if you have no previous work experience
What we offer
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software
- An attractive base salary
- Participation in our virtual Stock Options Programs
We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
Our mission is to make investing as easy as spending money. Working alongside an international team of 100 Upvengers you’ll be in good company to help us realise this vision.
- Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
- Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients over Sales. We take breaks when needed.
- Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome over Process. We share knowledge to empower others