We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
Core Banking / Payments team's mission:
The Payments team in Core Banking is responsible for the integrations with various Payin and Payout providers, designing a logical and error-proof interface for the end customers and an effective processing flow for the internal operational teams.
We are seeking a full-time backend engineer to join the Payments team in the Core Banking tribe and help to build stable and effective integrations with various payment providers, at the same time with a strong user-
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Design and build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems. Using Microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, Linkred service mesh, and Kong as a Gateway
- Build event-driven applications using Kafka
- Work on different aspects of our API-product portfolio as part of the development team
- Develop data processing and storing mechanisms
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Work with an agile methodology with flexible processes, that focus on helping the engineering teams be more effective in their work
- Work with the cutting edge technologies (Go is the primary language) without legacy codebase
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Willingness to make Go your day-to-day language (production experience is not strictly required)
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, transaction isolation, performance optimisation
- Experience with event-driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
- Be proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- Excited to work in a dynamic startup environment
Nice to have:
Experience with Investment products or Fintech domain in general and knowledge with Monitoring and Tracing using Datadog is a big plus
How we Upvest in you?
Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.