We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
To help establish a small, client focused, Developer eXperience team at Upvest.
The Developer eXperience team brings engineering and communication know-how together. We govern the consistent design and evolution of the investment API specification. We own the API documentation and the technology used to generate it. We create tutorial content and other media as required.
By these means we create a context for our customers in which success is the easiest outcome.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help design and govern the API as the primary interface to a cloud-native investment platform.
- Create learning materials and tools to shape the experience clients have developing with the API.
- Gain experience in the rapidly growing field of Developer eXperience engineering.
- Bring a human touch to the experience of software engineers.
- Foster a community of engineers
- You have experience writing software that consumes or provides an API.
- You understand OpenAPI specifications and JSON Schema.
- Your passion for communication is demonstrable. You've written blog posts and/or made presentations and videos about technical themes.
- You believe that examples and documentation deserve the same engineering rigour as the code itself.
- You can look beyond technical detail to the broader product experience.
- You focus on what matters, and plan and prioritise accordingly.
- You take ownership of tasks and their outcomes.
Nice to have:
- Prior Developer eXperience or Technical writing experience.
- Experience working in the FinTech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.