We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hybrid remote for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
As a member of our Product team, you will work alongside Til Rochow (CPO), Aleksander Tsirkunov (Senior Product Manager Core Banking Governance), and Christopher Barth (Product Strategy Lead) in building our greenfield Investment API. You'll have a chance to help build a fintech API-first product and to empower the Product team to reach its full potential. In this role you'll have the opportunity to shape the Product Strategy and Roadmap for Upvest’s current and future products. You will be responsible for Product Analytics and Operations to help the Product team and other teams deliver value to our clients and actively shape our product success - making investing as easy as spending money for millions of end-users.
- Tackle hard, ambiguous strategic Product questions with rigour and independence to advance the development of our Product Strategy and Roadmap using data and insights
- Enable teams (e.g., Operations) to deliver value to our clients by making key data accessible and usable through simple and lightweight methods (i.e. using Looker)
- Make data visible and useful for the Product team to enhance Product Discovery and Delivery
- Drive Product Ops initiatives proactively to enable the Product team to be most impactful, efficient, and client-centric (e.g., Product analytics, supporting quarterly planning, facilitating cross-functional collaboration)
- Organise and simplify how we create and share data and insights across Upvest (e.g., gathering client feedback, creating KPI dashboards)
- You have experience working in fast-paced environments, product-driven companies in a cross-functional setup (e.g., startup, consulting, investment banking)
- Degree or equivalent in Data Science, Software Engineering, Economics, Business Administration/Finance, or similar
- You have a modern product management mindset and skill set
- You have basic SQLs to combine and analyse data meaningfully (i.e. using Looker)
- You have strong analytical thinking and communication skills with the ability to go beyond the numbers and understand the business meaning
- You enjoy taking full ownership and are comfortable working autonomously
- You are a FinTech enthusiast and are excited to answer strategic product questions and build and share market and domain knowledge
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.