We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 25 different countries.
Support our Operations team in taking Upvest to the next level as we go to market with our pan-European Investment API. Working alongside our Operations Strategy Lead, your focus will be on very practical projects that directly contribute to making this go-to-market successful.
If you're someone who is hands-on, eager to learn, and wants to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you!
You'll have the opportunity to:
Learn to navigate Operations in the growing European fintech by contributing to the team’s strategic projects, optimising our processes and client experience
- Be in the driver's seat and actively shape how we build our Investment API while learning from fintech experts
- Work cross-functionally in an Agile manner with other Upvest teams (Engineering, Growth, Banking, Product and Legal), as well as external stakeholders (clients and vendors)
- Join a fast-paced and dynamic product-first startup environment
- Actively shape our Operations success by contributing to our mission to help millions of people to take their wealth into their own hands
You can commit to a 3-4 month full-time internship
- You're excited about fintech and are thrilled to build the financial infrastructure of tomorrow
- You're hungry to learn and eager to grow quickly
- You are a true team player and feel energised in diverse teams
- You love to be challenged, take ownership of your work, and iterate quickly and early
- You are currently studying or just graduated with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration/Finance or any other relevant field of study
- You already have a previous work experience in strategy consulting, process optimisation, banking operations or similar
- You have advanced skills in G Suite. Experience with Looker, or SQL/ Python skills are beneficial
- You’re fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- You're willing to relocate to Berlin (where our office is located) to experience the unique team culture at Upvest
What we offer:
We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European financial securities infrastructure, empowering people to invest with ease. You have the opportunity to contribute to this powerful change.
- We invest in you. Together we create a personalised development path and give you plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously and keep the bar high when interviewing. We hire talents who are passionate about their craft and excited to help achieve our shared mission.
- We are a hybrid employer and committed to flexibility as we understand you don't have to be in the office at all times to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment and trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) as well as openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Last but not least, we take time to have fun as a team with regular team dinners, group events, or occasional celebrations (as the situation allows).
- Opportunity to extend your internship towards a working student or permanent role, depending on the outcome of the internship.