We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
The Risk Management team sits in the Banking department and works to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate and manage Upvest’s financial and operational risks in support of its strategic plan. As Upvest is growing fast, we are looking for an experienced Risk Manager who is passionate about risk management, data, securities trading and who aims to combine these with innovative thinking to make our Investment-API risk proof.
The successful candidate would ideally have a deep understanding about investment assets, a highly collaborative nature and profound belief in leveraging data and technology for a better risk assessment and decision making. They will collaborate with the finance, product, operation, data engineering and IT security teams to identify risk and create a risk model suitable for a licensed fintech. In addition they will be highly involved in the risk management procedures under the Investment Firm Regulation with the opportunity to learn and implement new regulations in a fintech startup environment.
- Develop a data-centric risk management and risk metrics for our business models
- Provide risk insight and solution-driven recommendations to the management based on quantitative analysis and risk expertise
- Design and build risk analytics tools for continuous re-assessment of various risk aspects resulting from the business strategies
- Monitor fulfilment of regulatory requirements
- Calculate capital requirements and risk bearing capacity
- Create regulatory reports to management and BaFin
- Coordinate and assist the banking department in audit matters
- Automate risk controls using BI and risk management tool
- You're excited about fintech and passionate about investment
- Possess a data driven mindset and demonstrate strong analytical skills in conducting in-depth risk analysis and risk forecasts
- Have a degree or equivalent in Data Science, Statistics or Econometrics
- Prior working experience in a Risk Management role for at least 3+ years
- You have worked in data analysis preferably with Python
- Experience in building dashboards in Looker or other equivalent BI tools is a plus
- Like to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic and inclusive startup environment
- Interested and proactive in learning new stacks and have a sense of taking ownership
- Are curious, collaborative, an innovative thinker and wants to be involved with the wider team
Nice to have:
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Programming skills in Python
- Knowledge of Statistics, Econometrics and Machine Learning
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.