We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely from Germany for this role.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 30+ different countries.
Support our Data and Analytics Team in taking Upvest to the next level as we go to market with our pan-European Investment API. We increase our headcount from 120 to 170 over the next 6 months and are looking for motivated data-savvy self-starters to support us during a busy and exciting phase of growth. You will be working closely with our experienced data engineers empowering data owners in various departments to become more data-driven. Our goal is self-service analytics and we need you to make it happen. If you're someone who is hands-on, eager to learn, and wants to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you!
The Data and Analytics Team at Upvest is responsible for providing business and operational data for the whole company. We are Cloud, Platform, and Data Engineers with a love for Go and passion for data quality. Our current focus is on ramping up our self-service data platform that will enable all Upvengers to explore their domain data and gain valuable business insights.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Look into and shape the early phases of modelling data in a data warehouse. Use and grow your data analytics skills and dive into the latest data modelling concepts and technologies.
- Solve exiting data use cases every day with your data owners in various teams
- Use and grow your SQL skills (joins, data aggregation, windowing)
- Advance our data models in Looker and BigQuery (LookML/SQL)
- Learn about event sourcing in a data warehouse context and help us advance our lean data pipeline (no-ETL/low-ETL)
- Broaden your knowledge on metadata management and advance our automation projects in the areas of data governance, data security, data catalogs, and data discovery
- You can commit to a 3-6 month internship
- Hungry to learn & passionate about the fintech industry
- You are experienced in data analytics (incl. data aggregation and joins in SQL)
- Currently studying or just graduated with a degree in a mathematical, technical, business, or financial field
- You’re fluent in English, both written and spoken (German is a plus)
- You love to be challenged and have no problem taking responsibility
- You are eligible to work in Germany
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.