We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 30 different countries.
As Upvest enters the next stage of growth, we are looking for an exceptional Product leader. You will work directly with our Managing Director Til Rochow (responsible for Growth, Product and Operations) owning topics critical to Upvest’s product and business success:
Chart product direction towards category leadership
We aim high at Upvest. Two years ago we embarked on the mission to make investing as easy as spending money. [We have built our Investment API on top of a self-developed core banking - with full regulatory licences and investment operations included. This has made Upvest the go-to B2B turnkey solution for anyone looking to offer delightful investment experiences.] Today we are live and are steadily becoming the backbone of B2C investment products for leading European fintechs and global financial institutions.
It will be your mission to build on these strong product foundations. You will guide our teams in expanding the relevance of the Investment API by adding additional asset classes, serving modern investment solutions, and internationalising across Europe and the globe. In addition you will shape our product vision, strategy and roadmap charting a clear path towards category leadership.
Build the best Product Team in European fintech
Building state-of-the-art investment infrastructure requires great people. Here at Upvest we put hiring excellence and people development front and centre. The Product team today features 15 motivated, capable and fun people coming from Europe’s leading tech and financial services companies (e.g., Wise, Trade Republic, Factset, Zalando, McKinsey). We have put a strong emphasis on product culture and impactful and sustainable work practices.
With your product mindset you will grow and further establish our product culture. As Upvest matures as an organisation you will find opportunities to solidify existing product practices and introduce new ones. You continue to build our product organisation by fostering learning and development in the team and adding new exceptional talent.
Leverage product excellence internally and externally
Product plays a key role in Upvest’s overall success. Product-excellence permeates our strategic sales and account management. Beyond our software product we work on productising the legal setup and operational capabilities we offer to our clients. Leveraging our strong foundations we are able to increasingly start to tell Upvest’s product-enabled story.
You strive to promote product thinking and excellence across Upvest. Looking beyond Product you will support the most relevant strategic initiatives and sales activities. You will be an effective sparring partner for our Growth team as we find new and exciting ways to market our product. You become a vocal ambassador for Upvest and what we do.
What you can expect from this role:
- Autonomy coupled with inspirational leadership: When we say empowered teams we mean it. In this role you will fully own product success with your team - with Til and the rest of the senior leadership ready to support you at all times.
- Product-centricity throughout the organisation: At Upvest we highly value the importance of product and our Product team’s work. No struggle for relevance that product people may encounter elsewhere.
- Product Engineering culture: Our CTO Juha and our CPO Til have from the get go crafted a shared Product Engineering culture. Teams are working together guided by joint OKRs and a clear roadmap. A dedicated Product Strategy and Ops function that directly reports to you to continuously improves the way we work.
- An exceptional team: Upvest’s Product team is one of a kind when it comes to combining impactful work with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. We have established strong practices around feedback, team health and social events resulting in a team happiness score of 9.1 out of 10.
- Continuous learning: The complex yet fascinating field of investments, building an API product on a state-of-the-art tech stack, and working with the most relevant fintechs and financial institutions provide for an incredibly rewarding learning experience. It is a great opportunity if you aspire to grow professionally and personally.
- Deep understanding of and focus on B2B client needs and how to delight them. You will combine strong analytical skills and a thorough strategic perspective with a clear bias for impact and speed in product discovery and delivery. Push our product value to the forefront and how it contributes to Upvest’s business objectives.
- Experience in structuring and leading a high performing product organisation, enabled by a modern product mindset and excellent command of modern and impactful product practices.
- Outstanding people leadership skills enabling you to inspire others and lead with empathy. You create a non-hierarchical, inclusive, and respectful team environment championing coaching others and giving and receiving feedback
- Proven domain knowledge in B2B and fintech. Previous experience in the investment space and with API-first SaaS products is a big plus.
- Builder mentality coupled with a humble and value-driven approach to work. Even at this step of your career you strive to learn and develop continuously.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.