We’re looking for a fintech enthusiast to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. We will create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere, and we're looking for ambitious pioneers to join us in this journey.
Upvest is backed by internationally recognized VCs (Bessemer Venture Partners, Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, Speedinvest, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
Today, we count 150+ talented people from 30 different countries. Upvest is based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely (from within Germany and selected other European countries) for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
In this role you will be working closely with the Taxes and the Corporate Actions Product Engineering teams. Both teams form a central part of Upvest’s core offering and are located in the Investments & Custody Solutions Tribe.
Currently our B2B clients and their users from across Europe are onboarding at Upvest. Thus, the mission of the Taxes Product Engineering team is to serve our clients and their end-users with localised and automated tax functionality. You will ascertain that all relevant taxes for selected jurisdictions are processed 100% reliably and are presented in a readily comprehensible manner. This way, our B2B clients can focus on their main business objectives and their users can fully concentrate on their investments. Neither our clients nor their users have to worry about the complex topic of taxes anymore, you and your team will take care of this.
Upvest’s supported instrument and asset class universe is growing rapidly. As a consequence the pure number and resulting complexity of corporate actions is expanding massively. Corporate actions directly influence shareholder value, security prices and ownership structures. The mission of the Corporate Actions Product Engineering team is to build streamlined and enhanced corporate actions processing capabilities. The team combines innovation with precision and strives to empower our internal Operations teams and our clients to reliably and seamlessly navigate this complex landscape.
- As a member of the Upvest Product leadership team, you become responsible for the strategy of your products, which you will operationalise by defining relevant OKRs and product roadmaps for your assigned teams.
- Use your knowledge of the market and industry trends to influence and help shape the overall product roadmap & vision.
- Build strong relationships with our clients & prospects, from market leading fintechs to high volume traditional players. Clearly understand their needs and guide your Product Engineering teams in making customer informed decisions and building standardised API based products, that enable Upvest’s business success..
- Drive end-to-end vendor selection and integration processes, with a focus on identifying strategic partners, evaluating their offering, and fostering lasting partnerships.
- Collaborate directly and build relationships with senior leaders in Engineering, Operations, Banking and Growth to help deliver on large cross-functional releases.
- Work closely with your dedicated engineering team to define the overall functional scope, internal data models and associated business logic (in a clearly prioritised and staged approach).
- Guide, mentor and empower Product Managers in your teams and cultivate a modern product mindset across the overall organisation.
- Design and develop new product functionality that perfectly navigates the intrinsic complexities of corporate actions and taxes to provide a jaw-dropping experience for all internal and external clients of your products.
- 5+ years Experience as an acting product manager with first leadership experience within the financial service industry (bonus: within a scaling Fintech)
- Deep understanding of modern product management principles, respective methodologies and best practices.
- A clear builder & hands on mentality with a proven track record of shipping valuable product increments and inspiring and guiding product and engineering teams through the entire product lifecycle.
- Profound (domain-) knowledge about investments, capital markets and the European Fintech sector is a must have (exposure to taxes and/or corporate actions is a plus)
- Ability to break down complex concepts into easily consumable ideas, clear project phases and tangible, (client-) value generating product increments.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies/modern software stacks, that allows for informed decision making and effective collaboration with engineering teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What you can expect from this role:
- Autonomy coupled with inspirational leadership: When we say empowered teams we mean it. In this role you will fully own the product success of your teams and function.
- Product-centricity throughout the organisation: At Upvest we highly value the importance of product and our Product team’s work. No struggle for relevance that product people may encounter elsewhere.
- Product Engineering culture: Teams are working together guided by joint OKRs and a clear roadmap. Collaborate closely with your engineering counterparts to deliver client value in a decoupled and dynamic manner.
- An exceptional team: Upvest’s Product team is one of a kind when it comes to combining impactful work with a relaxed and fun atmosphere. We have established strong practices around feedback, team health and social events resulting in a team happiness score of 9.1 out of 10.
- Continuous learning: The complex yet fascinating field of investments, building an API product on a state-of-the-art tech stack, and working with the most relevant fintechs and financial institutions provide for an incredibly rewarding learning experience. It is a great opportunity if you aspire to grow professionally and personally.
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees