Associate Product Manager, Core Banking (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
This role will be Berlin-based.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 50+ talented people from 20 different countries.
As our first APM for the Core banking domain, you’ll learn how to build a fintech API-first product, how to empower an engineering squad to reach its full potential, and you'll have the opportunity to shape the strategy & roadmap for Upvest’s current or future products. You’ll work alongside our CPO (Til), Product Lead (Mislav) and Product Manager (Fatima) to build the core of the Upvest platform.
Core banking facilitates trade executions in addition to the tracking of securities and funds of all users on the platform. Our domain acts as the source of truth for Upvest as its responsible bookkeeping, clearing and settlements, and reconciliations. The team also oversees the integration of payment providers and exchange partners.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Expand your technical product management skills (by facilitate rituals, manage the backlog and refine product input to our dual-track agile process)
- Work cross-functionally with Upvest’s teams (engineering, growth, compliance, and legal), and external stakeholders (key vendors and clients)
- Learn inside-out the European fintech product landscape, by performing product research, with a customer-first, data-informed approach
- Learn how a banking API-first product gets built
- Join a fast-paced and dynamic product-first startup environment
- You're excited about fintech, and get thrilled to build a new financial infrastructure
- You're driven to grow quickly & become a great fintech PM
- You speak English fluently (with German & Programming as two strong plus)
- You're willing to relocate to Germany (ideally in our amazing Berlin-based office)
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression > Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team > Egos.
Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome > Process.
Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency > Complexity.